Sandalwood has a nice smell when burned, but using too much can bring firefighters to your door. That's what happened Wednesday evening when the Madison Fire Department was called out to the 600 block of West Doty Street because there was smoke in the hallway of an apartment building. A full structure fire response was sent to the building, as firefighters went up to the fourth floor, where the smoke was reported to be coming from. "They went door to door to find the source," said spokeswoman Cynthia Schuster. "Firefighters ultimately located a resident who had burned some sandalwood in a container, for its pleasant odor."