20 people displaced due to carbon monoxide leak from boiler, Beloit officials say

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
  • Published: 01/02/2018 09:27 AM

More than a dozen people were displaced Monday night after a carbon monoxide leak, Beloit fire officials said. Crews were called around 9:20 p.m. to 725 Vine St. for a leak in a three-unit rental building, according to a release. No one was injured or had any illnesses from the incident because of early detection by a carbon monoxide alarm, officials said. The leak displaced three adults and two children who lived at the address, as well as nine adults and six children who were visiting, according to the release. The heat exchanger in the boiler that heated all three units was found to be malfunctioning, investigators said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe