Two People Out In The Cold After Green Bay Fire

  • Source: WIXX-FM 101
  • Published: 01/02/2018 04:01 AM

Two people were forced from their home after a fire in Green Bay. The fire broke out shortly after 12:30 this morning (TUE) at a home on LaCount Road, on the city's west side. The fire broke out in the basement, but there is smoke damage to the first floor. Officials say the fire started near a wood fireplace. No one was injured. The bitter cold caused some problems for firefighters. The closest hydrant was frozen. The cold also created extremely icy conditions. Officials say there is about $70,000 in damage.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe