Wausau house damaged by fire

  • Source: WDEZ-FM 101.9
  • Published: 01/08/2018 05:28 AM

PHOTO: There was a house fire last night on the west side of Wausau. It was reported around 6pm on 5th Avenue, and was under control about an hour later. The Wausau Fire Department says the fire started on a stove in the kitchen. Flames traveled through the vents, and the fire got into the attic. A thick smoke was seen coming from the upper floors when firefighters arrived. There were no injuries. A portion of the house is salvageable. The family was relocated to temporary shelter last night.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe