Racine Fire Department called to put out turkey fryer fire in garage

  • Source: Today's TMJ4
  • Published: 11/15/2018 05:46 AM

The Racine Fire Department was dispatched to put out a garage fire caused by someone's turkey fryer Wednesday afternoon. According to a report, the fire started when the owners of the house left their turkey fryer unattended. The fire destroyed the garage and its contents completely, totaling an estimated $20,000 in damages. The RFD would like to remind everyone that turkey fryers should not be used inside a building or placed on wooden decks. They also say that turkey fryers are not safe for the general public to use. The department also says that if you are going to use a fryer this Thanksgiving, to use it on non-combustible surfaces and at least 10 feet from any buildings or other combustible products.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe