14 treated for carbon monoxide inhalation after Portage business evacuated

  • Source: wisc news
  • Published: 10/11/2018 06:15 AM

Fourteen people were treated Wednesday afternoon at Divine Savior Healthcare for carbon monoxide exposure at Dawn’s Foods, located in Portage’s industrial park on the city’s west side. As of 7 p.m. Wednesday, two of the patients had been discharged, and 12 remained in the emergency room for observation, said Divine Savior spokeswoman Haley Gilman. She said no patients were transferred from Divine Savior to another medical facility. The Dawn’s Foods building at 1530 LaDawn Drive was evacuated at about 3:40 p.m. Portage Fire Chief Clayton Simonson said Divine Savior ambulances, and ambulances from surrounding areas including Pardeeville, Lodi and Marquette County, were called in to transport people. Nine people were transported by ambulance – all of them to Divine Savior, to the best of Simonson’s knowledge.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe