Child playing with cigarette lighter causes fire in Racine

  • Source: WITI Fox Channel 6
  • Published: 10/15/2018 04:44 AM

The Racine Fire Department was called out to a possible structure fire near Green Street and 3 Mile Road Sunday night, Oct. 14. People inside were able to extinguish most of the bedroom fire before fire crews arrived. So when firefighters got to the scene just after 7 p.m., they cooled down the area of the bedroom closet where the fire started. According to fire officials, the cause of the fire was a child was playing with a cigarette lighter. No one was injured. Fire damage was contained to the closet and bedroom.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe