VIDEO: A house in Middleton was hit by lightning Tuesday afternoon sparking a fire. According to Dane County 911 Communications, a passerby called around 2:00 p.m. after seeing a house on fire on the 4500 block of Ellington Way. When fire crews arrived black smoke and flames were seen coming from the back of the home. Middleton Fire Battalion Chief Brad Subera said they were battling a fire in attic area. He said the fire was tricky to put out because there were still hot spots burning in the insulation as well as cars burning in the garage. "The cars were burning inside the garage, and exploding, or there were explosions within the garage," said Subera."It makes you slow down a little bit too, and say, how can we approach this safely, and still extinguish the fire."