Careless use of smoking materials sparks fire in Fond du Lac

  • Source: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee
  • Published: 04/03/2019 03:56 PM

A porch fire in Fond du Lac was started by careless use of smoking materials. The fire happened around 3:22 p.m. on Wednesday. Crews were called to a home on 5th Street for a report of fire on the front porch of the house. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire with no damage to the main structure. No injuries were reported. Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue crews will be canvassing the area on Thursday to educate individuals on the importance of working smoke detectors and fire safety.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe