Lit candle ignites fire at Madison apartment building; 1 person displaced

  • Source: Channel 3000
  • Published: 04/16/2019 12:00 AM

Dozens of people were evacuated from a downtown Madison apartment building early Monday morning, fire officials said. The Madison Fire Department said one person is displaced from The Frances apartments following a fire at about 2:30 a.m. in the 200 block of North Frances Street. An occupant told firefighters that the fire was in his second-floor unit. As a crew of firefighters made their way to the apartment, other crews knocked on doors and prompted other building occupants to evacuate.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe