Waterford house fire causes $65K in damage

  • Source: Racine Journal Times
  • Published: 04/24/2019 09:05 PM

A fire caused an estimated $65,000 in damage early Tuesday morning to a house in the 200 block of First Street, according to the Waterford Fire Department. A call for a structure fire came in at 1:47 a.m. Five minutes later, an off-duty firefighter responded to the blaze and deployed an X-Tinguish FST, a device that deploys chemicals to control fires. Fire crews arrived about a minute later and had the fire under control within seven minutes of their arrival. Investigators determined the fire started in a bedroom used for storage after an electric appliance failed and ignited the bed and nightstand. The fire did not spread beyond the bedroom. Firefighters from Rochester, Tichigan, Mukwonago and Vernon all responded, as did Waterford Police and Racine County Sheriff’s deputies.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe