Man hospitalized with severe burns after Green Bay house fire

  • Source: Green Bay Press Gazette
  • Published: 02/04/2019 12:00 AM

A man suffered severe burns and six have been displaced from their home after a fire broke out in a Green Bay home Sunday night. The fire broke out just after 5:50 p.m. in the 500 block of Pine Terrace, according to a press release from the Green Bay Metro Fire Department. When crews arrived at the scene, they said heavy fire was coming from the rear of the home on the second floor. The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes, the fire department said. The fire department was also informed when it arrived that an occupant of the home had been badly burned and was being taken in a private vehicle to St. Mary's Hospital in Milwaukee. He was later transferred to St. Mary's Burn Center, according to the fire department. The second floor of the home suffered extensive fire and smoke damage, the release said. The damage was estimated at $150,000.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe