Discarded cigarettes starts fire at Madison home

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
  • Published: 02/13/2019 12:27 PM

A fire that caused $12,500 worth of damage to a Madison home was the result of improperly discarded cigarettes, according to a news release from the Madison Fire Department. Fire crews responded to a home in the 10 block of North Franklin Avenue around 2:55 p.m. Tuesday. When first responders arrived on the scene, the homeowner told them the fire was already put out. Firefighters reported a significant fire had taken place in the kitchen area and appeared to have originated in the nearby pantry. The homeowner said the he'd thrown some cigarette butts and their ashes into a garbage can in the pantry. The garbage had refuse inside that included paper products.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe