Candles spark fire at Racine home on New Year’s Day

  • Source: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee
  • Published: 01/02/2019 03:54 AM

VIDEO: Five people escaped a house fire on New Year’s Day in Racine that started because of unattended candles. Authorities say they were called to a two family home near Grange Ave. and 17th St. shortly before noon on Tuesday. An elderly woman and her adult son escaped from the first floor while a young couple got to safety from the second floor with their 2-year-old son. No one was hurt and firefighters also rescued a bearded dragon that was in the home. The fire caused around $70,000 in damage to the structure of the building. All five people are displaced and being helped by the Red Cross.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe