Burning candle on bedroom table causes $40,000 damage to Janesville residence

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
  • Published: 01/03/2019 09:36 AM

Janesville firefighters extinguished a fire that caused approximately $40,000 in smoke and fire damage to a residence at 12:41 a.m. Thursday. A release said Janesville firefighters arrived at 206 McKinley St. in Janesville, where the fire was burning in a second-floor bedroom of a residence. There was smoke coming out of the second floor when responders arrived. All of the home's occupants were out of the building when the firefighters arrived. Smoke detectors alerted the occupants, providing them time to safely exit the building. After further investigation, it was determined a candle left burning on a table in the bedroom started the fire, the release said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe