A family of five safely escaped a house fire in Hobart. It started around midnight on the 3100 block of Jonas Circle. When crews arrived on scene flames were shooting up the side of the home. Firefighters believe the fire started in the garbage bins. "There was a dog inside. We were able to retrieve the dog for them and save the family pet," said Chief Jerry Lancelle from the Hobart Fire Department. "That was the best thing we could do tonight." There was minor damage to the house. Firefighters said the family should be able to return home today once their power and heat is back on.