Heat gun being used to thaw pipes starts basement fire, Madison officials say

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
  • Published: 01/31/2019 07:42 AM

A basement wall caught fire Wednesday night after a resident used a heat gun on some pipes that were frozen, according to a release from the Madison Fire Department. Firefighters were called around 6:05 p.m. to a house in the 4100 block of Mineral Point Road for reports of a basement fire, officials said. The homeowner told firefighters he was trying to warm up a kitchen supply line in his house with a heat gun, according to a release. He said he had been working on it for about 15 minutes before heading upstairs to the kitchen to see if the water line was working again.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe