Fire at Janesville home displaces 5 people, causes $25,000 in damage

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel Madison
  • Published: 03/11/2019 10:26 PM

A fire at a Janesville home has displaced five people and left $25,000 worth of damage, according to a news release from the Janesville Fire Department. Firefighters responded to a single-story, single-family home at 3206 Canterbury Lane for a report of a residential fire just after 8:45 p.m. Monday. When first responders arrived, there was heavy smoke and visible flames coming from one window of the home. Fire officials were able to put out the fire, which was mostly contained to a bedroom. There is smoke damage throughout the home. Firefighters evacuated one adult from the home, who was later examined by paramedics for smoke inhalation, but did not need transport to the hospital. All of the occupants of the home, which includes four adults and one child, were displaced. The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe