Tenants safely escape massive apartment fire in Appleton

  • Source: NBC26
  • Published: 03/13/2019 03:32 AM

An apartment building is destroyed in a fire in Appleton. It broke out around 2 a.m. Wednesday near the 200 block of North Appleton Street. The building's owner says 7 people lived in these apartments and were home at the time of the fire. Fire crews say 8 tenants were evacuated safely. Officials say they believe this is a natural gas fire but they still can't confirm a cause. The heaviest smoke and fire was found in the kitchen area of the downstairs restaurant. The building is a total loss.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe