Cooking fire displaces 15 people from home in Madison

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel Madison
  • Published: 05/02/2019 08:50 PM

A fire caused by unattended cooking displaced 15 people from their homes Thursday, according to a news release from the Madison Fire Department. Firefighters responded to 2215 Carling Drive at 5:44 p.m. Thursday after receiving multiple 911 calls reporting heavy smoke coming from the building. When crews arrived, they found smoke along the eaves of the building and a fire in the kitchen of a second-floor unit. After putting out the flames, firefighters ventilated the building to get rid of the heavy smoke. Officialssaid eight apartment units are now considered uninhabitable. The American Red Cross is assisting residents who need a place to stay.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe