No one was injured but a person was displaced after a fire broke out at an Appleton home early Saturday morning.
Shortly before 1 a.m., firefighters responded to a call about a fire in the 700 block of West Wisconsin Avenue, according to the Appleton Fire Department. There was smoke coming from the house's chimney and roof and flames were also visible. Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire "due to the vigilance of a Gold Cross Ambulance crew that was in the area" who reported the fire in its early stages, the department said.
No one was home at the time of the fire, according to the department. The resident was offered assistance from the American Red Cross. Firefighters ruled the fire was accidental.
Appleton police, WE Energies and the Outagamie County Community Emergency Response Team also responded to the fire.