Green Bay: Parents, first responders recall choking incident that left toddler pulseless for six minutes

  • Source: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay
  • Published: 07/30/2020 06:48 PM

The family of a Green Bay toddler calls their little boy a walking miracle after they say he survived six minutes with no pulse and no breath after he choked on a piece of bread. His parents and first responders credit each other for saving the life of Gamaliel Martinez. ”I don’t remember if he died in the ambulance or in the house, because we noticed when he was in the house, he had no pulse,” recalls Mayra Martinez, Gamaliel’s mother. Gamaliel is a typical toddler. He loves to play. He may be a little shy around our camera. He adores his big brother. At just 18-months of age, he likely won’t remember July second, the night his family says he died.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe