Green Bay apartment fire leaves one without home

  • Source: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay
  • Published: 03/11/2020 04:40 AM

One person is without a home after a kitchen fire in an apartment in Green Bay’s Monroe Plaza. Green Bay Metro Fire says they were dispatched to the 400 block of North Monroe around 3:20 a.m. Wednesday morning for a smoke alarm activation. Upon arrival, Green Bay Metro Fire crews found a fire in a single apartment. The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes, allowing crews to continue overhaul and ventilation activities for the next half hour. All occupants in the apartment building were sheltered in place while crews responded to the fire. Green Bay Metro says the fire caused an estimated $15,000 damage to the single apartment. No one was injured during this incident and the fire remains under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe