Assisted living resident rescued after fire breaks out at Pleasant Prairie apartment complex

  • Source: Racine Journal Times
  • Published: 05/17/2020 08:59 AM

Firefighters helped to rescue a resident of a Pleasant Prairie senior living facility Saturday, after a fire broke out at the apartment complex. At 7:40 a.m. Saturday, Pleasant Prairie police and fire departments responded to the Prairie Villa Senior Apartments, 9500 81st St., for a report of a fire alarm that had gone off, according to a Pleasant Prairie Fire and Rescue Department news release. Initial responding units reported smoke on the north side from a second-story apartment room and in the second floor hallway. Calls were received from both the fire alarm central station and neighbors of the building to the north. The building’s sprinkler system activated inside the second-floor apartment room and kept the fire from spreading. Pleasant Prairie firefighters entered the room by way of the balcony using a ground ladder.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe