A house in Leon suffered extensive damage in a fire late Wednesday night.
The Sparta Area Fire District received the call at 10:15 p.m. of a fire on Jamboree Road in the town of Leon. When crews arrived on scene the house was fully engulfed and all the residents had made it out safely.
According to a neighbor, the fire started on the deck and quickly spread while the occupants were downstairs watching TV. The homeowner noticed some of the house lights flickering so the owner went upstairs and the windows blew out from the fire on the deck. The house sustained extensive damage and some family possessions were saved, officials said. The fire department was on scene for five hours and was assisted by the Sparta Ambulance Service, Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, Fort McCoy Fire Department, Vernon Electric Cooperative, Monroe County 911 Center and the Red Cross. The Red Cross is assisting the family.