Crews save one occupant after being trapped by fire in Sheboygan County

  • Source: WFRV-TV CBS 5 Green Bay
  • Published: 12/02/2022 09:53 PM

The Sheboygan Fire Department saved one person after being trapped on the rear porch during a Friday morning fire. According to a release, around 7:00 a.m. on December 2, the Sheboygan County 911 Center received a report of a residential structure fire on the 500 block of Geele Avenue with one person trapped. As firefighters arrived on the scene, they found the house with flames showing from the front of the residence. The first unit immediately rescued the victim from the back porch using a ground ladder, while another crew entered the structure with a hose line to extinguish the fire on the first floor. Additional crews reported smoke and heat on the second floor and found the fire had spread into the second-floor walls using a thermal imaging camera.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe