Dollar General in Mondovi forced to close for several days due to fire code violations

  • Source: WQOW-TV ABC 18 Eau Claire
  • Published: 12/06/2022 11:00 PM

The Dollar General in Mondovi was forced to shutdown for several days after failing to comply with the fire code. “The biggest violations was the means of egress of the customers and the firefighters if needed," Steve Anderson, Mondovi Fire Chief, said. "Aisles were kind-of blocked. The back room was blocked. [Those are] some of the situations we had to get corrected.” According to city officials, the store was given a month to become compliant with code after the alarm was raised by concerned citizens this fall. The store then failed inspection on December 2 and was shutdown until it could become compliant again. “Closing a business is not what the city or the fire department wants to be a part of," Garrett Martin, Mondovi City Administrator, explained. "However, when there are obvious safety concerns both for our fire department and consumers, residents, we can’t look the other way.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe