Neenah apartment fire sparked by heater plugged into extension cord

  • Source: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay
  • Published: 12/21/2022 12:00 AM

Firefighters say improper use of extension cords with a heating device sparked an apartment fire early Wednesday. At about 2:35 a.m., firefighters were called to a two-story apartment building at 1316 Honeysuckle Lane. The first engine arrived to find heavy smoke in the building. They used a ladder to rescue a person from the building. They also rescued a dog and cat from an apartment. Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue says the fire was contained to the apartment where it started. The apartment and a unit below were found to be “uninhabitable” due to the heavy smoke. The residents were displaced. One person was taken to a hospital for an unrelated medical issue.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe