Electrical issue caused fire under porch on Madison's west side

  • Source: WKOW-TV ABC 27 Madison
  • Published: 11/08/2022 12:59 AM

The Madison Fire Department (MFD) confirmed the cause of a porch fire on the city's west side Sunday was due to an electrical malfunction. MFD spokesperson, Cynthia Schuster, said crews responded to the 200 block of South Allen Street around 12:00 p.m. to a reported house fire. Firefighters arrived to find the homeowner outside, who told them the fire started under the porch where a space heater was to keep two exposed water pipes from exposure to the cold. Schuster reported crews pulled a bumper line and quickly put out the fire, then searched for any fire spread in the walls, eaves, and basement of the home. She continued to say the fire spread into nearby insulation under the porch.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe