Follow Up: Candle may be to blame for Oconomowoc house fire

  • Source: WISN-TV ABC 12 Milwaukee
  • Published: 11/29/2022 12:00 AM

VIDEO: A shell of a house remains after a late-night fire burned through a home near Concord Road and Wisconsin Avenue in Oconomowoc. Western Lakes Fire District reports the first calls came in just after 1 a.m. Monday. When law enforcement arrived at the scene, heavy flames were seen from the front and back of the first floor of the home. They were progressing toward the second floor. Fire officials told WISN 12 News everyone made it out safely, but the parents suffered minor injuries and were taken to an area hospital for treatment. Two adult children were OK. "The house was just completely engulfed in flames, fire spewing out of the windows and doors. It was sad to see," said neighbor James Ko, who was woken up by the loud sirens and flashing lights. A nearby house was also affected, and the area was closed to all traffic for approximately three hours.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe