Shelby, La Crosse fire crews quickly put out fire in mobile home

  • Source: WKBT-DT CBS 8 La Crosse–Eau Claire
  • Published: 10/01/2022 03:45 AM

Shelby and La Crosse Fire crews quickly put out a fire inside a mobile home Friday afternoon. According to the Shelby Fire Department, firefighters saw smoke coming from a window when they got to the scene at La Crosse Mobile Home Park. They went inside the home and put out the fire within 12 minutes of being on the scene. Everyone got out on time. Crews rescued a dog and two kittens. First responders treated the animals at the scene. Firefighters believe the cause of the fire was an unattended candle.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe