Space heater blamed for causing house fire in Racine

  • Source: The Journal Times
  • Published: 10/18/2022 12:00 AM

The indoor use of a space heater is being blamed for causing a house fire Monday afternoon. One civilian and one fire department member sustained injuries. The Racine Police Department and Racine Fire Department were called to the 2000 block of Wisconsin Street at 12:56 p.m. Monday, the RPD said. The fire, smoke and extinguishing efforts caused extensive damage to the interior and exterior of the structure. The fire caused $50,000 in damage to the structure and its contents, according to a news release from the RFD. Firefighters encountered a bedroom fire on the first floor. The crew of the first arriving unit, Quint 3, rapidly attacked and controlled the fire, keeping it from spreading to adjacent structures, the RFD said. The fire was under control in approximately 20 minutes.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe