Madison Fire Department: Eastside home fire caused by unattended candle

  • Source: WMTV NBC/CW 15 Madison
  • Published: 07/08/2024 12:00 AM

Two people escaped out of a home on Madison’s east side Friday morning after smoke alarms went off, the City of Madison Fire Department reports. Crews responded just before 8 a.m. to a home on the 500 block of Ludington Avenue for the report of a fire in the basement. Both residents got out of the home, along with one of their cats. MFD reported seeing smoke from several blocks away. As firefighters got closer, they could see heavy smoke outside the first and second floor window. Crews also determined there was a second cat still inside the home, which was rescued and was not hurt. Firefighters went inside the home and could not see anything, so they decided to fight the fire from outside the home. MFD stated firefighters broke basement windows to spray water into the basement, and reentered the home once they could more easily see inside the home.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe