Wrightstown fire call blamed on self-cleaning oven

  • Source: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay
  • Published: 06/14/2024 12:00 AM

The Wrightstown Fire Department is advising people not to leave an oven unattended in self-cleaning mode. Smoke and the smell of burning plastic were reported in an apartment building on the 600-block of County Rd. U in Wrightstown just before 10:30 Wednesday night. Multiple first responders answered the call, including Wrightstown and Greenleaf fire departments, Wrightstown police and County Rescue. Firefighters found an apartment full of smoke and smoke alarms sounding, but no fire was showing. They determined the tenant turned on their stove’s self-cleaning oven function and then left. Firefighters ventilated the apartment building. There were no injuries. The Wrightstown Fire Department warns that the self-cleaning feature gets an oven very hot, “and you never know if something will happen if you were to leave.”



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe