When we step outside it feels like a heat wave, but when firefighters are face to face with a fire in their protective gear, the heat is intensified and can be dangerous.
Firefighters responded to a fully involved, two story house fire on Wednesday. The home, firefighters believe was vacant at the time is on Rutledge Road in Kanawha County.
"It's nice to have when you’re crawling through a burning building and it's 400-500 degrees in the building, It absorbs heat to protect you. Out here it absorbs heat, and it's not a good thing,” Kanawha County Emergency Management Director, C.W. Sigman said.