Cable contractor jumps into action when Charleston apartment catches fire

  • Source: WVAH-TV Fox11
  • Published: 07/05/2018 08:52 PM

A cable contractor turned into a hero when two people were trapped inside their apartment by a fire Thursday afternoon. Aaron Hayes was working inside the Terrace Park East Apartment complex on Kanawha Boulevard in Charleston when he heard a woman yelling for help and saw smoke. He said he and another man kicked in the door and managed to grab the woman and get her to safety. Hayes said the smoke was so thick in the apartment, he couldn’t get to a second person that was inside, but firefighters arrived just a few minutes later and got the man to safety.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe