Parkersburg crews respond to fire at home

  • Source: Parkersburg News and Sentinel
  • Published: 11/23/2018 11:16 PM

Parkersburg Fire Department responded to an accidental fire at 1801 36th St. at 5:24 p.m. Friday. The fire started after homeowner David Spicer was burning brush near the house and an ember went into the siding causing a fire inside the wall, said Fire Chief Jason Matthews. Matthews said there was an estimated $5,000 in damage. “There was a little bit of charing to the two-by-fours inside the wall, but it did not reach the attic,” said Matthews. “The fire was extinguished within five minutes,” said Matthews. Parkersburg Fire Department, Parkersburg Police Department and Saint Joseph’s Ambulance Service responded to the scene.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe