Fire damages commercial garage in Kanawha County

  • Source:
  • Published: 11/30/2018 12:00 AM

Fire extensively damaged the interior of a commercial garage in the Nitro area, city Police Chief Bobby Eggleston said. It happened around 5 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of First Avenue South, temporarily closing state Route 25 in that area. Eggleston said the cause of the fire appears to be a vehicle that was plugged in and shorted out. The garage was being used to store several vehicles. Investigators say the building housing the business was built earlier this year.Crews from multiple fire departments are on the scene Thursday evening of a commercial garage fire in the Nitro area, Metro 911 dispatchers say. State Route 25 is closed in that area near the 700 block of First Avenue South. The garage and several vehicles inside are on fire, dispatchers say. It was reported around 5 p.m. Crews from Poca, Teays Valley and Nitro fire departments are on the scene. We also have a crew there.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe