Eight people escaped a early morning house fire in Parkersburg with no injuries, authorities said.
The fire about 2:45 a.m. Thursday heavily damaged the home at 1804 Beaver Street.
The fire in the two-and-half-story wood-frame home began in a second-floor bedroom and appears to have been accidental, according to Parkersburg Fire Department Chief Jason Matthews.
A person in the home noticed the fire and called 911, Matthews said.
It took firefighters about 10 minutes to get the blaze under control, but crews stayed on the scene until about 5:15 a.m. conducting their investigation and cleaning up.
The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.
Matthews said an investigation is continuing.