Couple loses everything, including pets, in Huntington fire

  • Source: WSAZ-TV NBC 3
  • Published: 04/15/2019 12:27 PM

VIDEO: What began as a normal morning for Branden Goad and his girlfriend turned into a nightmare when their mobile home on Wilson Heights Road burst into flames. Goad had just awakened to get ready for a doctor's appointment when he saw fire in the kitchen and rushed to wake up his girlfriend. They tried to rescue their pets and were able to save their dogs, but seven of their cats died. "I just hate that I couldn't get them out in time,” Goad said. With smoke covering the sky, Goad’s mom, Ann Adkins, who lives nearby, thought she had lost her son. "They didn't know where my son was and that's what scared me more than anything,” Adkins said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe