Fire destroys Belpre home, kills two dogs

  • Source: Parkersburg News and Sentinel
  • Published: 04/18/2019 12:32 AM

No people were injured, but two dogs were lost in a house fire at 162 Second Lane, Belpre, Tuesday afternoon, Little Hocking Fire Chief Mike Chevalier said. “The home was fully engulfed when we arrived,” he said. Renters lived in the house. It took crews, who arrived on scene at noon, until 5 p.m. to extinguish the fire, Chevalier said. The investigation shows the fire, which started in the kitchen, was most likely cooking related, said Chevalier. Crews from the Little Hocking, Belpre and Dunham Township volunteer fire departments responded to the scene along with EMS. The home was destroyed in the fire.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe