Explosion reported just before fire broke out at home in Cross Lanes

  • Source: WSAZ-TV NBC 3
  • Published: 08/29/2019 06:02 AM

The Kanawha County Sheriff is investigating a house fire that neighbors said began with an explosion in the garage. Firefighters arrived on the scene around 7:30 Thursday morning to the 600 block of Stewart Park in Cross Lanes. Flames had completely engulfed the house and almost spread to the neighboring home. Firefighters were able to prevent it spreading, so only the fence and siding were damaged. Pete Laton had lived in the house for about a year. He just got home from breakfast when the fire started. Laton said a homeless person he was letting live in the garage came running out screaming there was a fire. "I guess their air conditioner caught on fire," Laton said. "The garage is on fire, and you snap your finger and it went from there to here and this is what you see." Laton was thankful for firefighters who prevented the house from completely burning to the ground.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe