Man rescued from house fire in Malden

  • Source: WCHS-TV ABC 8
  • Published: 01/02/2019 05:38 AM

A man was taken to the hospital after a house caught fire late Tuesday night in Kanawha County. The fire broke out on Draper Drive just behind Malden Elementary School in Malden about 11:45 p.m. Firefighters with the Malden Fire Department said the man had to be rescued from the kitchen window. They say they believe the fire started from a space heater. "The firefighter lives right across the street practically just the other side of the school and he had him out about two minutes after our arrival," Chief Squeak Peterson said. The man was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation but has since been released. The fire is now under investigation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe