Boulder Creek Fire Protection District
Location: Boulder Creek, CA
Boulder Creek Fire Protection District, California
Salary: $130,000 – 155,000 DOE/DOQ
Boulder Creek Fire Protection District seeks a Fire Chief who understands how to manage, recruit, support, motivate and lead a volunteer fire district which has a combination of new recruits and highly trained experts on their team. Our next Fire Chief will have extensive experience in fire service and fire operations, be a visionary leader, and have a passion for the work we do and the men and women he/she leads. The Fire Chief will be enthusiastic about serving our community and providing customer service excellence, while maintaining the culture and tradition our firefighting family have come to expect and love.
For more information please see the complete recruitment brochure: https://wbrowncreative.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Brochure-Boulder-Creek-Fire-District-FINAL-II.pdf
The Fire Chief position is a much-respected post and has only been filled by five people since 1923; our current (retiring) Chief has had the role since 2007. This is an at-will position that reports to a five member Board of Directors and oversees an annual budget of approximately $1.2 million. The Fire Chief oversees two paid part-time administrative and maintenance staff and 35 volunteer firefighters, which includes two battalion Chiefs, five Captains, six Engineers and several Emergency Medical Technicians.
The Fire Chief is the Chief Executive Officer and Fire Marshal for the District, and will be involved in various community and regional activities. He/she will meet with various people and groups, including working/partnering with:
· Santa Cruz County planning commission, environmental health, auditor controller, health services, school districts, and Fire Agency Insurance Group
· Emergency Medical Services Integration Authority – JPA for EMS services and ambulance services
· Boulder Creek Recreation District and other local community organizations
· Local schools for fire education and prevention
· Boulder Creek Business Association
· State Fire Marshall
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our Fire Chief should have an in-depth knowledge of modern fire suppression and prevention principles, rescue, investigation, inspection, emergency medical services and public education as authorized by the California Fire Code. The Fire Chief will have extensive experience in fire service and fire operations, be a visionary leader, and have a passion for the work we do and the men and women he/she leads. The Fire Chief will be enthusiastic about serving our community while maintaining the culture and tradition our firefighting family have come to expect and love. Our next Chief will enthusiastically seek collaborative partnerships and community engagement, as well as deliver customer service excellence. We need a leader who is action oriented, transparent, strategic, a team builder, a strong administrator, and a visionary. He/she should also bring excellent communication skills and place a high importance on values, ethics and integrity.
Education & Certifications:
1. High School diploma or equivalent; AND
· California State Fire Marshal Firefighter 1 or other approved course.
· California State Fire Marshal Driver / Operator 1A and 1B or other approved course.
· Chief Officer Certification required within 12 months of appointment.
· California Class C License with firefighter, air brake and tank endorsements, possess or obtain within 90 days of hire.
· CPR certification
· ICS 400 certification
· A minimum of ten years of increasingly responsible experience in all phases of municipal fire suppression, training, hazardous materials, management, prevention and emergency medical services with a progressive fire department.
· California firefighting experience.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in fire science, public administration or other closely related field.
· California State Fire Marshal Company Officer.
· LARRO: Low-Angle Rope Rescue Operational.
· EMT 1A Certificate.
· Previous experience with a volunteer fire department is preferable.
· Selected candidate will relocate to, or lives in the San Lorenzo Valley; ideally City of Boulder Creek.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: Salary: $130,000 – 155,000 DOE/DOQ This position has an attractive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision benefits, vehicle, a retirement plan, deferred compensation, accidental death insurance, paid leave, and other competitive benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply by June 27, 2019 for first consideration.
Apply Here: http://wbcpinc.com/job-board
Questions: Contact Wendi Brown at 541-664-0376 / 866-929-WBCP / email@example.com
Mark your calendar for these Important Dates:
· July 22nd and 23rd for Interviews - this is a two day interviewing process and candidates will need to participate on both days