University of California
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Sr. Electronics Technician
University of California, Santa Barbara
Summary of Job Details:
Works independently to perform periodic maintenance and repair work on fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, emergency eyewash stations, wide-area mass notification systems, and fire extinguishers. Maintains detailed maintenance records of all equipment covered under NFPA 72, NFPA 25, NFPA 10, and NFPA 70 NEC. Assists other trades in their LSS maintenance work as needed.
• Knowledge of programing of Notifier and FCI fire alarm systems.
• Knowledge of access control preferably Lenel OnGuard Demonstrated computer skills.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check
• Must maintain valid CA DL, a clean DMV record and enrollment in DMV Pull-Notice Program
• Employee must be able to read, write and understand the English language and use a handheld, two-way portable radio. Pre-employment physical exam is required.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment
Pay Rate/Range: $30.41 to $33.39/hr.
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:00am-4:00pm
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application review begins: Open Until Filled
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Job # 34838