VIDEO: RVs, boats, classic car burned in Texas storage facility fire sparked by unattended candles, officials say

  • Source: KTRK-TV ABC 13 Houston
  • Published: 04/19/2023 12:00 AM

An early morning fire that was sparked by unattended candles completely destroyed a boat and RV storage facility in north Houston. SkyEye video shows the aftermath of the massive fire at A-Safe-T Storage at 11539 N. Houston Rosslyn at Breen Drive, which is a total loss. Officials said the fire first started at 5:15 a.m. Wednesday. Several boats, RVs, and even a classic car went up in flames. Thankfully, nobody was hurt, but thousands of dollars were lost. "The candle was on top of a wooden dresser. The dresser caught on fire first, and once that caught on fire, anything that's flammable," District Chief Roland Silva with the Northwest Volunteer Fire Department said. "It was right next to an old converted school bus that was like their shop, a makeshift shop for them." Silva said two brothers renting the space to work were using the candles to light up a dark area.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe