Fairbanks Fire Department responds to structure fire at Anderson Apartments

  • Source: KTVF-TV Webcenter 11
  • Published: 01/06/2020 06:38 PM

There was a structure fire at Anderson's Apartments Monday afternoon. When the first unit arrived on scene they found a fire on the second floor. Todd Chambers with the Fairbanks Fire Department says when the first unit arrived the fire appeared to be confined to one room, which appears to be the bathroom, although officials say there is damage throughout the entire apartment. Chambers said there were no injuries and the occupant of the apartment was gone when it happened. The deputy fire marshal will start investigating as soon as it is safe to do so. Todd Chambers with the Fairbanks Fire Department says residents should be aware of fire safety during these cold temperatures. "Just check your smoke detectors, check your carbon monoxide detectors, those things save lives. It didn't really factor in here but in this weather, this is when we have structure fires," said Chambers


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe