A recreational boat caught fire and damaged some electrical wiring in a local resident’s yard on Tuesday morning, Enterprise fire officials said.
Enterprise Fire Chief Byron Herring said the boat ignited while the owner was in his Harrand Creek home fixing lunch for his children. The owner had been repairing the fiberglass on the boat after having removed a radio.
The fire damaged the line from the utility pole to the boat owner’s home, Herring said.
The fire is still under investigation, but authorities do not believe it to be suspicious.