Huntsville woman critically injured in fire

  • Source: WAAY-TV ABC 31 Huntsville
  • Published: 08/12/2019 04:37 PM

VIDEO: Huntsville Fire and Rescue says a woman is in critical condition after leaving food unattended on the stove. The woman suffered from smoke inhalation on Sunday morning in a home on Cable Street. Nate McClendon lives just up the road from where the fire happened. He said he had no idea about the fire in his community. "It's usually a quiet neighborhood. We have some thru traffic, but that's about it," he said. "It's very tragic. The whole event itself, but you know, things happen." Captain Frank McKenzie, a Huntsville Fire and Rescue spokesman, said crews rescued the woman about 10 minutes after getting on the scene. "If there is a life to save, we are going to take that risk. We are going to go in and try to get that person out," McKenzie said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe