Fire department rules Fultondale apartment fire accidental, resident asleep

  • Source: WBMA-LD ABC 33/40 Birmingham
  • Published: 09/29/2020 12:00 AM

According to Fultondale Fire, the department responded to a fire at an apartment complex early Sunday morning. The fire department said the fire started in the 700 block of Decatur Hwy, but was contained to the kitchen of one apartment. Shortly after the fire, the fire department said the incident was under investigation. The fire department later ruled the incident an accidental cooking fire and said the resident was asleep but was awakened by the smoke alarm. The fire department said the resident evacuated and called 911. There were no injuries reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe